Monday, August 17, 2009

happy birthday, Krishna

This past Thursday was Krishna's birthday. From what I understand, Krishna is the reincarnation of Vishnu, the god of protection. Someone told me he was turning 12,000, but I don't know if that's true.

I haven't been doing that much in Pepsi-Cola. The past three days I've been working on a mural at the VSN school. Simona, one of the other volunteers from Italy, had painted a huge map of Nepal with all the 75 districts. And I somehow became in charge of painting a huge map of the globe to go next to the map of Nepal. So, I had to sketch out the globe and then paint all the continents and oceans. It's been pretty fun and it's been nice hanging out with the other volunteers, a lot of whom are working at the school doing different things. Besides Zach, who arrived in Nepal just a couple days before I did, the other 15 or so volunteers have arrived only in the last two weeks. So I feel very wise being able to tell the newbies where they can get the best momos, when the electricity is probably going to cut off, how to deal with leeches, etc.

Tomorrow afternoon I fly to Doha and then to D.C. and then to Greensboro. And then I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment